Finally, the last square of The Granny Square Project is complete! The pattern comes from here. It’s a little difficult to follow because the site is in another language with a poor English translation provided, but I was able to get the general idea.
I did have to make some adjustments to keep my square to the seven inches. I didn’t like how the center looked with two rounds of yellow, so I switched to red for the second row. The petals and leaves ended up being too long to stay inside the seven inches so I shortened them each by two chain stitches. On the flower petals I made the first two stitches single crochets and the remaining half-double crochets. On the leaves, I just took out the treble crochets and made the double crochets my highest stitch, working the last four in hdc instead of dcs.
Although all the squares are made, my project is not yet complete. I still have to go back and add a couple of rounds of a common color to each square to use in joining them. After laying them out and looking at them, I think I’m going to use a light grey yarn. I’m hoping that this won’t take too long because it will only be a couple of rounds. Then it will be time to join. But I am excited that all the squares are done!