I owed my two boys some tooth fairy pillows, so I got to work on these yesterday. The website I got the pattern for these from is not up anymore, so I’ll link to a similar pattern that is free on Ravelry if you want to do something similar: Tooth Amigurumi
This was just a little tooth amigurumi, so I modified it to add a monogramed pocket to the back before stuffing it and sewing it closed. Then the the kids can drop their tooth in there, and the tooth fairy can slip in the gold dollar coin that they bring in our family!
I will do a post here shortly on Conference last week. (I’m still recovering.) But one of my classes was a full-day Professional Development Day workshop. I learned so much and met some new people. One of the suggestions was creating a group to go with your Facebook Page – something I’ve always thought about doing, but have been a bit intimidated by.
So I went ahead and set one up, linked it to my Stitched In Love Crocheting Facebook page, and have a few members. We’re also getting ready to start a Crochet-a-Long (CAL) to kick things off!
So if you are on Facebook, come on over and join us in the Stitched In Love Crocheting Community! Introduce yourself, invite your friends, share your WIPs and completed projects and patterns, and then vote on the motif you think we should use for the CAL!
This is the first year I have completed all 30 days of 30 Days of Blog! I’ve had several years where I dropped off halfway through, or missed many posts in between. I think I even dropped off one year due to morning sickness. But, even with three littles running around I’ve managed to do all 30 days this year!
Last year during 30 Days of Blog I worked on a few orders, and my Mom’s Christmas gift of a peacock tree skirt for her themed tree. (Which in looking, I realize I haven’t ever done a post for, so that will be forthcoming.)
I was also working on planning my costume for my sister’s Halloween party, which turned out to be the Emerald Mermaid Costume Dress (official design name for the design competition). These are some of the images I was using for inspiration before making a mermaid costume had actually occurred to me.
I barely got it done in time last year for the party, and then decided to enter it in the CGOA Design Competition. But I decided if I was going to do that I needed to do some reworking on it. I’m still not one hundred percent pleased with it, and if I ever publish the pattern I’m going to have to do some further rework still. But a year later, it’s “done”!
So that’s it for this year. Hopefully next year I can get all 30 days too!
I made it! Thanks to my sister, who let me drop by to borrow her dress form, (I really need to get my own) I got these shots last night before I shipped it off this morning. I actually got everything I wanted to on it. I had a few late nights/early mornings to do it though.
I really do like the new bodice com pared to the old one
Another 2:00 am night last night. I got the pearl beads taken off and restrung. They look much better closer together.
I also got the elastic on the top of the skirt taken off and several more rows added in the black cotton thread to add some needed length to the top. I got about halfway around crocheting the elastic back in before I just had to call it a night. I think that’s the last thing I need to do. Hopefully I can finish that up tonight and get it packaged up and ship it out on my way to work tomorrow!
I just went on to the CGOA website and completed my entry form and paid the entry fee, so I am just about ready to go! I will be so glad when I can confirm it’s been delivered and we’re all set! Containing my excitement is beginning to be difficult!
I finished the straps tonight, (or rather this morning since it’s almost 2:00 am.) I added elastic around the top when doing the edging and tightened it up before adding the straps for the gathered effect.
Tomorrow I have to get the pearls redone and sew in the slip. Then I’ve got to get it mailed!
I was up until 3:00 last night (this morning) and I got so close. Hoping to finish up today and then get the edging done around the top. Then I still need to put straps on, do the pearls, and sew the slip into the skirt!
It is an amazing beautiful day here in Kansas City today! The baby is napping and the older kids are swimming while I work. I stayed up past 1:00 am this morning working, and I feel like I need to stay up tonight until I get all the way around. I just realized I’m getting super close to the end of the month and I’m running out of time!
I have this really cute set available on Etsy after making it for my daughter. The pictures of the receipts and tooth chart just don’t do them justice because they are coated in shimmering fairy dust! I also have listings for just electronic files do you can print those off too. The pattern for the little tooth is free here. I modified it slightly by crocheting with the same sized hook, but using two strands of yarn instead so that it was slightly bigger, and you don’t see holes through the stitches, keeping the stuffing from showing. I also crocheted an extra round on the underside once all four roots were added, before stuffing and closing up. I used safety eyes on mine instead of adding felt or embroidering.
My Mom just ordered a pair for a gift so there are three pending orders I now need to do as soon as I have the Mermaid dress finished.