Ok, is this not incredibly adorable?
After the gauge issues I had with the basket I dropped down a hook size and that seems to have resolved my issues for the most part. The bumper was still slightly too big in circumference for the basket, but fortunately the little pucker can be hidden behind the pillow. The sleeper seems to have come out nicely though. I started and finished that up today.
The pattern didn’t call for it, and you can’t see it very well in the picture, but I felt the sleeper needed an edging at the neckline and ties at the back. So I added that in the contrasting color white yarn. That will also help keep my daughter from undressing the poor baby.
I must say also that I really like the baby that came with this kit versus the one pictured. It’s got a cute smile and actual glass eyes instead of painted ones.
The only thing I have left to do is the bonnet. I’m hoping to get that done tomorrow.