Another 2:00 am night last night. I got the pearl beads taken off and restrung. They look much better closer together.
I also got the elastic on the top of the skirt taken off and several more rows added in the black cotton thread to add some needed length to the top. I got about halfway around crocheting the elastic back in before I just had to call it a night. I think that’s the last thing I need to do. Hopefully I can finish that up tonight and get it packaged up and ship it out on my way to work tomorrow!
I just went on to the CGOA website and completed my entry form and paid the entry fee, so I am just about ready to go! I will be so glad when I can confirm it’s been delivered and we’re all set! Containing my excitement is beginning to be difficult!
I finished the straps tonight, (or rather this morning since it’s almost 2:00 am.) I added elastic around the top when doing the edging and tightened it up before adding the straps for the gathered effect.
Tomorrow I have to get the pearls redone and sew in the slip. Then I’ve got to get it mailed!
I finished the surface crocheting today and even got all the way around￼ on the edging. Tomorrow I’ll do the straps, then hopefully redo the pearls.
I was up until 3:00 last night (this morning) and I got so close. Hoping to finish up today and then get the edging done around the top. Then I still need to put straps on, do the pearls, and sew the slip into the skirt!
It is an amazing beautiful day here in Kansas City today! The baby is napping and the older kids are swimming while I work. I stayed up past 1:00 am this morning working, and I feel like I need to stay up tonight until I get all the way around. I just realized I’m getting super close to the end of the month and I’m running out of time!
I got my new business cards in the mail today! This was really important to me to get done before going to Chicago next month so that I can pass out cards with the correct website when I meet new friends!
I have this really cute set available on Etsy after making it for my daughter. The pictures of the receipts and tooth chart just don’t do them justice because they are coated in shimmering fairy dust! I also have listings for just electronic files do you can print those off too. The pattern for the little tooth is free here. I modified it slightly by crocheting with the same sized hook, but using two strands of yarn instead so that it was slightly bigger, and you don’t see holes through the stitches, keeping the stuffing from showing. I also crocheted an extra round on the underside once all four roots were added, before stuffing and closing up. I used safety eyes on mine instead of adding felt or embroidering.
My Mom just ordered a pair for a gift so there are three pending orders I now need to do as soon as I have the Mermaid dress finished.
You may not be able to tell, but I think this looks much better than before. I frogged the surface crochet I had so far and redid it with a smaller hook. It looks much cleaner now.
Eeek! I just ordered this cotton zippered bag with my logo to put all the yarn that I buy at the Chain Link Conference next month in! It was only like $13! (There’s a bucket bag on Cafe Press that I want with my logo on it too, but that monster is like $70!)
Surface crocheting the plum silk had commenced! However, I’m not liking how these stitches look, so I might pull them out and redo with a smaller hook. This is going pretty fast though.