I got a lot done on the assembly for The Granny Square Project last night.
First I laid all my squares out on the table in the planned 4×6 order and started swapping them around to determine placement. I didn’t want similar colors or squares with the same yarn too close to each other. I stood there moving squares for about 45 minutes and then asked my husband to come take a look and we made a few more adjustments.
Then I started joining. I used the slip stitch method of joining on the wrong side in the two outside loops of the last round of the square. There is a good tutorial here for this and I really like how it looks on the front side. I’ll get a close-up of that tonight.
I finished joining all of the vertical sides and tonight I’ll go back and do the horizontal edges. Then I’ll do a few rounds of single crochet edging to finish it out. I really do like the continuity the grey yarn has brought to the squares.