I got nowhere near to what I wanted to accomplish this year with my crocheting. My work came to an abrupt halt in June when I got sick because I became pregnant with our third child. Three months later I was finally feeling a little better, but by then we were really trying to get our new house renovated and moved in. We are moved in now, though not even close to being unpacked and settled. And of course, now we are preparing for the holidays and the arrival of little #3.
Obviously with a third on the way, living in a house that still needs a lot of work, and trying to get our old house ready to rent out, there is probably not going to be a lot of time to crochet in 2016 either. BUT I will be pumping 2-3 times a day again after returning to work, which is when I was able to get a lot of of crocheting done last year and early this year. So I do still have some things planned.
Here is a rundown of things I am working on immediately, and where I ended up with the goals I had for 2015. I’ll post again later with what I want to accomplish for 2016. I did get a few custom orders completed through my Etsy shop along the way but not a whole lot else.
- Christmas Stockings – Two done for the kids, working on Husband’s now. Baby #3 and I may have to wait until next year.
- Christmas Gifts – Working on a few small/quick gifts for family. Will post on this after all the family get-togethers are done for the holidays.
- Sweet 16 Afghan – This needs to be started as soon as the stocking and Christmas gifts are done because it will need to be mailed out very soon after the first of the year.
- Buddy’s Afghan – I have designed an afghan pattern in honor of each one of my new babies. As soon as the Sweet 16 Afghan is done, I need to get working on Baby #3’s. I’ve already done quite a bit of R&D (i.e. Pinteresting) and I’m pretty sure I know what I want to do. I even have the yarn. Now I just need to sit down and start work/writing the pattern.
- ADDED (Custom Order) – Baby Afghan Success! See June 6th 30 Days of Blog Post for this one.
- ADDED (Custom Order) – Second Baby Afghan Success! I’m sad about this one because I do not think that I took a picture before I delivered it.
- ADDED: Baby Gift #1 – This was the Strawberry Cocoon and Beanie Success!
- ADDED (Custom Order) – Baby Gift. Surprise gift to be posted at a later time. Success! I’m sad about this one because I do not think that I took a picture before I delivered it.
- ADDED: Baby Gift #2 – Was in progress in May, but I don’t even remember what this was right now!
- Finish writing
Cuffsand Monkey Patterns – Cuffs done. Monkey on hold till Fall. I never did get back to the Monkey pattern. But the boot Cuffs pattern did get finished and posted in my Ravelry store. I even had a lady contact me about it because she is doing a class on cable stitches at a retreat and wanted to use my pattern for it. So I have seen multiple pattern sales as a result of that.
- Christmas Stockings for Family (4) – On the immediate list.
- Baby Gift #2 – I’ve had this done for awhile and I’m sad to say I keep forgetting to mail the darn thing!
- Baby Gift #3 – This one has also been done, but never got delivered. (Facepalm.)
- Top for myself – (Laughing.) Not a chance. It wouldn’t fit me right now anyway. Maybe this Spring or Summer.
- Christmas Tree Skirt – Sadly this one did not get done yet either.
- Afghan Christmas Present #1 – Nope.
- Afghan Christmas Present #2 – Nope.
- Afghan Christmas Present #3 – Nope. (Sorry family. Maybe next year.)
- Happypotamusses for Sephy and Greyson – This is another one I’m really sad about. I really wanted to get these done for them. Maybe I’ll make it a trilogy and give one to each of the three kids for Christmas next year.
- Sweet 16 Afghan – On the immediate list.
- Mitten Ornaments – Replaced with another quick project for Christmas gifts on the Immediate list. I would still like to do these for next year.
So there we are. Here’s hoping that 2016 will leave me feeling more accomplished with the projects I want to do!