June 16, 2014 · 11:42 pm
Yes, it’s there. I know it’s there. No I’m not going to dye it. And no, I’m not going to pull it out. It’s already fine enough to begin with. So, now that we’ve gotten that over with…
This tape turned out really nice. Doesn’t hurt that it’s my favorite color. After blocking, I went ahead and did some starching to give it a little substance. Then I attached some elastic and single crocheted over it to cover that up. I’d like to do one with some beading in it maybe. Plus, there are several other different types of tape that I would like to try out as well.
I’m going to do a few of these for my Sister to take to a Bridal Fair she’s got coming up. Go visit her over at Vintage Wedding Gems to find out more about it! Right now I’m working on washing out some old doilies and table runners so I can re-purpose the thread for new projects. I think I’ll do a few of these in that thread.
I did get started back on the Granny Squares today. I’ll post that tomorrow.
Filed under 30 Days of Blog - 2014, Crochet Gems
Tagged as 30 days of Blog, Bella Sposa, crochet, crochet gems, crochet headband, crochet tape, Granny Square Project 2014, headband, Vintage Wedding Gems, VWG, wedding headband
June 15, 2014 · 8:00 am
Just a quick update. I’ve got the tape washed and blocked. It really makes a big difference to take time and finish like this. Pieces look so much more professional and crisp, no matter what they are.
My sister said she would loan me a Styrofoam manikin head so as soon as I have that I’ll starch it. I want to put at least a light shaping to it. Then I’ll add the elastic.
Monday it’s back to the Granny Squares. I need to do a second square for March to start off with. Then I need to do squares for April through June for a total of 7 squares to be caught up. I suspect that will take me more than just next week.
June 14, 2014 · 1:33 pm
I’ve been wanting to try this crocheted tape for a while now. The pattern is a tutorial on YouTube and you can find it by clicking on the first image.
It’s a neat but simple pattern that could be very versatile. It could be used for edgings, jewelry, or part of an Irish crochet piece. I could even add beading to it to set it off and make it heavier. This one I think I’m going to make into a headband. Right now I’m blocking it so we’ll see how it looks when I’m done. Then I’ll connect the ends with some elastic and crochet around that to cover it. I need to find a Styrofoam manikin head to use for setting it after starching.