Squares with Edging
I’m getting very close on this project. Here are most of the squares with two rounds of light grey edging on them.
After I snapped this, I decided that I wanted to actually do four rounds of edging so I am currently going back and adding two more rounds. And I was right. They look much better with more around them. I think it will give the finished afghan more uniformity.
It is not taking too long to do this and I’m getting ready to block all of the finished squares!
Just a quick update. I’ve got the tape washed and blocked. It really makes a big difference to take time and finish like this. Pieces look so much more professional and crisp, no matter what they are.
My sister said she would loan me a Styrofoam manikin head so as soon as I have that I’ll starch it. I want to put at least a light shaping to it. Then I’ll add the elastic.
Monday it’s back to the Granny Squares. I need to do a second square for March to start off with. Then I need to do squares for April through June for a total of 7 squares to be caught up. I suspect that will take me more than just next week.