Yes, it’s there. I know it’s there. No I’m not going to dye it. And no, I’m not going to pull it out. It’s already fine enough to begin with. So, now that we’ve gotten that over with…
This tape turned out really nice. Doesn’t hurt that it’s my favorite color. After blocking, I went ahead and did some starching to give it a little substance. Then I attached some elastic and single crocheted over it to cover that up. I’d like to do one with some beading in it maybe. Plus, there are several other different types of tape that I would like to try out as well.
I’m going to do a few of these for my Sister to take to a Bridal Fair she’s got coming up. Go visit her over at Vintage Wedding Gems to find out more about it! Right now I’m working on washing out some old doilies and table runners so I can re-purpose the thread for new projects. I think I’ll do a few of these in that thread.
I did get started back on the Granny Squares today. I’ll post that tomorrow.
Just a quick update. I’ve got the tape washed and blocked. It really makes a big difference to take time and finish like this. Pieces look so much more professional and crisp, no matter what they are.
My sister said she would loan me a Styrofoam manikin head so as soon as I have that I’ll starch it. I want to put at least a light shaping to it. Then I’ll add the elastic.
Monday it’s back to the Granny Squares. I need to do a second square for March to start off with. Then I need to do squares for April through June for a total of 7 squares to be caught up. I suspect that will take me more than just next week.
I’ve been wanting to try this crocheted tape for a while now. The pattern is a tutorial on YouTube and you can find it by clicking on the first image.
It’s a neat but simple pattern that could be very versatile. It could be used for edgings, jewelry, or part of an Irish crochet piece. I could even add beading to it to set it off and make it heavier. This one I think I’m going to make into a headband. Right now I’m blocking it so we’ll see how it looks when I’m done. Then I’ll connect the ends with some elastic and crochet around that to cover it. I need to find a Styrofoam manikin head to use for setting it after starching.
Sephy loves her baby-doll. She took it to the Dr’s office with us last night when we went to get G-man weighed. Then she wanted to take her to daycare with her this morning and I had to talk her into leaving her at home because, “She’s a super-special present just for her and didn’t she want to keep her nice and safe at home?”
With her new baby-doll
She definitely enjoyed playing with her – taking her out of the basket, hugging her and rocking her, putting her back in the basket and covering her up…
Here is the same poor baby-doll last night after a few hours play. I knew I should have tacked that pillow in. I have absolutely no idea where it is – I looked.
Here it is, all finished up. I just love it, and I can’t wait to give it to Sephy tonight. If she were a little bit older she would probably be asking me to make her doll clothes after this. As it is, I might have to find a “dolly and me” pattern to make her and another baby doll she has matching dresses.
I’ll try to post a picture of her with her new doll tomorrow.
I love the feeling of finishing a project, especially when it’s a gift for someone!
I know that I need to get caught up on my Granny Square Project, but I’m going to take a couple of days and work on some Irish Crochet tape I’ve been wanting to make. We’ll start back up with the Grannies on Monday.
Ok, is this not incredibly adorable?
After the gauge issues I had with the basket I dropped down a hook size and that seems to have resolved my issues for the most part. The bumper was still slightly too big in circumference for the basket, but fortunately the little pucker can be hidden behind the pillow. The sleeper seems to have come out nicely though. I started and finished that up today.
The pattern didn’t call for it, and you can’t see it very well in the picture, but I felt the sleeper needed an edging at the neckline and ties at the back. So I added that in the contrasting color white yarn. That will also help keep my daughter from undressing the poor baby.
I must say also that I really like the baby that came with this kit versus the one pictured. It’s got a cute smile and actual glass eyes instead of painted ones.
The only thing I have left to do is the bonnet. I’m hoping to get that done tomorrow.
So I failed at posting this weekend. The kids have me two against one since Husband is working weekends now and it’s just too hard to get posts in those days. I might have to just stick to posting during the week.
I got a little bit done on Sephy’s gift Saturday. I started the basket’s bumper and finished it up on my breaks today. The four ties that attach it to the handles are supposed to be sewn to the bumper but instead I made half of the chains and then joined them with single crochets to the bumper and completed the rest of the chains. This was easier and seemed like it would be more secure to me.
I think it’s looking pretty cute and all I have left to do is the baby’s sleeper and bonnet. I’m started to get excited about giving it to her.